Monday, March 19, 2012

Unrequited Love

The night was getting late. I still did not want to leave from my place. It felt only yesterday that I was with the one really I loved, the one who filled my days, the one who had arrested my attention since the last few days. It's been a year. Today is to be exact. Last year I was with him in this small cafe. 

I still remember when he took me here. It would not be forgotten and would never be gone. It was someone whom I could enjoy from the distance, the light of the sweat and smile that he prided when succeeded in making goals.

It was strange. I was shocked when he took me to this place. I wish you knew, Kiky, that I loved you more than you could imagine and I cannot easily forget you and that night.

It was the night when I come home from campus. It was raining so heavily and from that one I loved the rain. I had no idea why the rain became something that I missed. The rhyme sang a romantic song. It happened that my car broke down in the campus' parking lot. I could only wait the rain to stop inside my car and suddenly you came along. "Vie, are you going home?" he shouted in the noise of the rain. "Yes, I am," I answered with the mixed feeling of surprises and happiness. He continued, "I drive you home, how about that? I'll take care of you car". I continued, "Well, I don't know.. but I..." He said,"Please..." I said,"Alright then", I replied. 

I did not know I could easily say what he told me. Finally, I got into his car. I wish you knew that my heart beat rapidly that I was worried that he could hear it. "Are you going home straightway, Vie?" he asked me while driving. He added, "I am hungry. Why don't we just stop by a cafe?" I answered,"I... but... He insisted,"Come on..." I really could not refuse his offer. I was confused between going home and being by his side.

I asked him,"Why are you so enthusiastic to take me and by the way, why are you so considerate to girls not as usual? Aren't you unwilling to talk to girls?" He answered,"What about you, why were you willing to get into a boy's car?" I did not answer anything.

Afterwards, we went to have a lunch at a cafe. We had chat together, few quite a while until he finally said something that make lost my breath. He said,"I love you!" I could not say anything. Then he continued,"Vie, why you did not answer that?" I remained silence though deep down my heart I indeed loved him. But I just was not courageous enough to say that. Instead, I told him,"Kiky, give me more time to think about this."

After lunch, Kiky drove me home. Bit before we got into the car, he asked me again and said those three little words. Still, I remained quite. Not long after, we arrived at my house, but Kiky did not stop by. He smiled to me and his smile looked so wonderful, but I did not know why as he drove away, leaving me sad and happy with what he said to me a couple of hours ago. 

At home, I felt happy and at the same time had no idea what I was feeling. Sometimes I felt sad other times and I felt happy, until a telephone call to me changed everything. It was from Kiky's friend telling me that Kiky had an accident and died. I could not believe the news, but then, I realized that it was true. Suddenly, my world turned upside down and I cried louder than a baby. I could not believe why life so cruel to me. I wish I could turn back the time and tell Kiky that I loved him with all my heart. But it was too late. He already flown to the clouds and all I have is only the memory of him that will always be here in my heart. 

-The End-


FYI, cerpen diatas gw bikin dalam rangka tugas mata kuliah "Writing V" disuruh dosennya bikin 2 cerita pendek karangan sendiri. Dan ini salahsatu cerita pendek favorit gw. Gw yang bikin, gw sendiri pula yang demen :P Entah yaah gara2 tugas kuliah ini, bakat nulis gw lancar banget. Selain ngerjain 2 cerita pendek, kita juga disuruh bikin puisi *pastinya in English karena gw ngambil English major*  dan ngerespon 10 wacana. Sumpaaahh tugas akhir mata kuliah "Writing V" bikin kelabakan. Tapi pas nya disuruh bikin cerita pendek, ide2 pun bermunculan dan jadi lah cerita pendek bertajuk cinta yang tak berbalas ini. Huhu sedih sendiri pas bikin cerita pendek ini. Oya, thanks to Ersan Pamungkas, salahsatu teman di kelas yang jago Grammar. Dia yang ngeditin Grammar gw yg amburadul :D Tapi kata Ersan, tumben Grammar nya gak banyak salah.. Jadi gak banyak yang harus dia edit. Horeee!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment